0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Dan is \(2\) years younger than Amy, and the sum of their ages is less than \(20\). Which of the
following is a correct statement about Amy’s and Dan’s ages? \((Let \,A\, =\, Amy’s\, age.)\)CorrectIncorrect
2. Linda and Sean used separate machines for two different copying jobs. A graph comparing the jobs is shown at the left.
How do the number of copies in the second copying job and the speed of the second copier compare to those of the first job?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which investment showed the least change in value?CorrectIncorrect
4. Estelle receives a commission of \(5\%\) on her sales up to $10,000 and \(8\%\) for sales in excess of that amount. In one week, she had sales that totaled \($\,12,000\).
Which of the following expressions shows the number of dollars Estelle earned in commissions during that week?CorrectIncorrect
5. Last month Wanda had Plan D and used \(20\) minutes of long distance during the month. This month she has the same plan but called \(50\) minutes of long distance during the month. How much MORE was her long-distance charge this month than last monthCorrectIncorrect
6. Adora’s car averages \(28\) miles per gallon of gas. Approximately how many gallons of gas
should she expect to use for a trip of \(190\) miles?CorrectIncorrect
7. The slope of each line shows the cost per box. What is the cost of each LARGE box?CorrectIncorrect
8. A sales supervisor assigns Asha, Bella, Cameron, Donnell, and Ernesto to work the cash register on a rotating daily basis.The rotation begins with Asha on the first day and continues in alphabetical order, as shown in the pattern below, which uses their initials. \(A, \,B, \,C, \,D, \,E, \,A, \,B,\, C, \,D, \,E,\) …
Who is assigned to work the cash register on the \(46th\) day?CorrectIncorrect
9. Darryl borrowed a truck to move his belongings and recorded some information in a log. He recorded an initial odometer reading of \(37,271\) miles, and a final reading of \(37,879\) miles.
He also recorded that he used a total of \(47.5\) gallons of gasoline. What average number of miles per gallon did the truck get?CorrectIncorrect
10. Ben has a net (after-tax) monthly income of \($\,1200\). He has budgeted part of that money for the expenses listed in the table below.Approximately what percent of Ben’s net monthly income has he budgeted for expenses related to his car?CorrectIncorrect